Going Keto in your 20s

So last month I wrote a post about trying to become slim thick. First let me say, that's still my goal! This body is about to be tiiiiight


But now I'm proud to say that goal has grown into so much more! I've still been going to my workout classes Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Had to toss out yoga on Tuesdays cause my subconscious clearly didn't want me to go since I kept forgetting my mat at home. I seriously cant even count how many times in the morning I have to go back and forth from my car to my house cause I forgot something


But now to top off my hot shit, hard working, beach body *in progress* 2019 cake, I've added a Keto diet cherry on top!


For those of you who don't know what Keto is, let me give you a quick run down (keep in mind I am not a professional, just a bisssh trying to get healthy and look good on the beach). There are only 3 energy yielding nutrients: Fat, Protein, and Carbohydrates. Our bodies default system is to burn carbohydrates first and for those of us who overeat or eat foods that are heavy in carbs, the protein and fat are just sitting there chillin & judging you cause the carbs are getting all the burning action.


Now on the Keto, you adopt a diet high in fat and protein, and very low in carbs, so that your body starts to burn fat for energy instead. Also looking at it from a scientific view every 4 grams of Carbs and Protein equals 1 calorie, and every 9 grams of fat equals 1 calorie. So when you're working out and burning 200 calories, having fat in the forefront is so much more beneficial than carbs. Sorry for getting all science-y on you guys but I'm taking a nutrition class right now and I had to lay some knowledge out there! BAM!


Anyway, in my first week of Keto I lost 5 pounds! I had been losing weight all of January but lets compare the 6 pounds I lost over a 3 week time frame vs the 5 pounds I lost in one week once I started doing Keto. You do the math.... no really do it, cause math is definitely not a strength for me.


But if my math is right I lost 1.8% of weight in that 3 week time frame, and 3.2% in just one week once Keto was introduced. ...but don't quote me.

That first week can be rough. I had a mild Keto flu, with some headaches and dizziness while my body was getting use to low carbs. But the real heartache was not being able to eat snacks! I love snacks and have so many at my house, and everytime I walked into the kitchen I just had to be like...



I've already wrote about this before but I am seriously a habitual quitter, so working out for the whole month of January consistently has been such a huge accomplishment for me.


Before I would have celebrated a whole month of going to the gym, by NOT going to the gym and then one lazy day would turn into a lazy week and then all of a sudden its 3 years later and I realize that I've been paying $10 a month to pause a gym membership thinking it could save me on paying the initiation fee when I "went back".


Even though I'm not great at math I'm sure $10 a month for 36 months is wayyy more than the $99 initiation fee... but remember, don't quote me. I've definitely learned my lesson on "rewards" that set me back. And starting today I'm trying intermittent fasting Friday-Sunday. I'm planning to do 18/6, and only eat between the hours of 2 pm-8 pm. Shouldn't be too hard because I'm already not a breakfast person, so we'll see how this weekend goes and hopefully I can adopt this plan going forward. Wish me luck!

And remember you guys we can all be slim thick if we just put out minds to it! 🎔🎔🎔🎔

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barely Dealing With Rejection in your 20’s

Being a Jr. Adult in your 20s

Trying to Be Slim Thick in Your 20s